Kansas City Real Estate Agent Ed Rippee Offers Advice On Why Now Is A Great Time To Sell Your Home1/14/2020
Kansas City real estate agent Ed Rippee knows that now is a great time to sell your home. With the dearth of inventory of homes available on the market, doing the proper preparations and hiring Ed Rippee will help your home sell faster, whether you have to move or are choosing to move.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the cost of renting a primary residence was 31.53 percent higher in 2019 versus 2010. And, here we are, starting 2020 with a serious lack of affordable houses for sale (despite mortgage interest rates hovering near all-time lows).
It now looks like we’ve entered 2020 with a slightly slowing market. The National Association of Realtors has predicted the housing market will slow to around two percent. Prices are already falling. There are far fewer bidding wars going on, less activity. This is where Kansas City real estate agent Ed Rippee helps – Ed will walk through every step of selling your home with you.
The good news is that millennials are finally starting to buy homes, and the early indications are that Gen Z’ers are financially savvier and want to buy a home sooner rather than later. Demand will be strong, or at least strong enough.
Let’s assume you have a strong “why” and you decided to sell. What steps can you take to have a smooth selling process? First, select a knowledgeable Kansas City real estate agent like Ed Rippee, who knows and understands the local market conditions and can guide you in the right direction.
As a rule, sellers that are proactive in preparing their home for sale get a higher price and a shorter market time. Preparation includes a pre-listing home/termite inspection and resulting repairs, spruce up and staging. When all of this has been done and you are transparent, the buyers can’t help but fall in love with your home as soon as they walk in. And, generally, they are willing to pay a little more for the homes that are completely move-in ready.
Your upfront investment can yield a high return. Follow Kansas City estate agent Ed Rippee’s advice regarding the reasonable investment budget for preparations. On his website is a page called Home Selling, and can help you with many tips for preparing your home to go on the market.
On the flip side when you’re not proactive, you are risking some bumps along the way. Many transactions fall through at the home inspection because of this very reason.
These factors can make it easier to sell your home in 2020:
· Low inventory. Less available homes means you have less competition to worry about.
· High buyer demand. The current supply of buyers outpaces the demand.
· Low interest rates. With the interest rates still roaming around the historic lows more people can afford buying a home.
· Availability of financing. After the post-recession overly tightened regulations the lenders are starting to loosen their guidelines. There are many more loan options now than just a couple of years ago.
· Low level of distressed sales. The percentage of foreclosures and short sales is at the lowest level in more than a decade.
· Realtors advocating for your rights. Kansas City real estate agent Ed Rippee is constantly lobbying for private property rights and advocating for your benefits as a homeowner.
For more information about selling your home, call Ed Rippee RE/MAX Results Kansas City at (816) 213-9362.